Call for Speakers
Share your knowledge and expertise as a conference speaker.
To present at the 2017 Conference, please follow the guidelines below and submit your application by April 10.
The speaker application period is complete. To get information on applying to speak at a later conference, contact email@example.com.
Speaker Application Timeline
|April 10||Deadline for submitting an application.|
|May 9||Selection results will be sent to submitters. If you are selected, strict deadlines apply.|
|May 15||Speaker agreements and additional information due from presenter.|
|July 25||Handouts/presentation notes due.|
Our primary goal in programming is to make sure our attendees get the maximum possible value from the time and resources they spend to experience the AVCA Annual Conference.Attendees at the Conference are mature, licensed health professionals and most have left the classroom behind years ago. Presenters should not rely on lectures to hold the attention of attendees. With the goal of knowledge transfer, presenters should be cognizant of principles of effective adult learning:
- be practical and direct,
- encourage active participation and allow learning by doing,
- give participants time to practice new skills,
- address the gap between learning objectives and what attendees currently know,
- address recognized problems and work toward solutions, and
- use discussion and group solution techniques to engage attendees.
We are looking for well-defined programs encompassing animal chiropractic.
The presentations must be directed toward keeping the attendee apprised of advancements, new developments and review of information which is designed to build upon the basic curriculum required to practice animal chiropractic.
All subjects must pertain to animal chiropractic.Presentation submissions will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- content of interest to animal chiropractors and relevant to animal chiropractic.
- content offering new material rather than a review of old or previously presented material.
- the submission contains clearly defined learning objectives and measureable outcomes.
- attendees will change their clinical behaviors.
- content based on evidence from the literature and/or clinical experience.
- overall quality, good overall mix.
- examples of how effects are achieved.
- timeline of presentation
- past attendee ratings (if applicable)
- incomplete submissions will NOT be reviewed
Our attendees do not expect to be faced with commercials, or infomercials for particular products, offerings, or solutions. Therefore, presentations may not be used as a sales pitch for any services, products, program, seminar, institution, practice, association or company and may not include business/corporate logos on slides. Exhibit space is available for these purposes.If the AVCA receives a substantial number of complaints that your presentation was in any way considered commercial this will impact future speaker selection of you or anyone in your practice, institution or company.
Speaker IncentivesIt is an honor to have you submit to speak at the AVCA Conference, and a privilege to present to one’s peers. While AVCA does not pay an honorarium, presenter’s will receive:
- Complimentary Conference Registration for 1
- Complimentary Admittance for 1 to AVCA evening get-together buffet. Additional tickets can be purchased.
- Hotel lodging (if booked at the conference hotel) is provided the night before Speaker’s lecture/s. Reserve your room/s early. Room block normally sells out well before the conference.
- Meal per diem is paid to the main presenter for day/s of lecture.
- Lunch vouchers are provided all 3 days of conference.
- Coach class air fare (North America), booked 30 days prior to travel from your main/primary residence/home to the conference site, will be reimbursed with a dated copy of the airfare charges. Any fees that result from changes made to flight arrangements after booking will be your responsibility. If there are co-presenters, coach class airfare is paid for main presenter only. No air fare reimbursement for Speakers living within 150 miles of the conference site.
Reimbursement for mileage expenses is at the Standard Internal Revenue rates in effect at the time of the conference. Said reimbursement is not to exceed the cost of a basic round-trip airline ticket purchased 30 days in advance from your main/primary residence/home (North America) to the conference site. There is no mileage or travel reimbursement for speakers living within 100 miles of the conference site.
Speakers outside North America presenting 4 or more hours will receive a travel stipend.
If you wish to donate any of the above back to the AVCA, please note donation.
Application RequirementsYour submissions must contain the following:
Speaker contact information
- Name, degree, mailing address, daytime telephone, evening telephone, fax number, mobile phone, email, website, and/or social media links.
- Include the same contact information for any co-presenter/s.
- Passport/portrait type photo, submit electronically in .jpg format, at least 300 pixels wide and 300 dpi.
- Optional photo/s submission of you with animal/s is encouraged.
Accurate Lecture/Lab Title and 60 - 150-word description
- Include relevance to animal chiropractic.
- Title and Description CANNOT be changed or altered if lecture or lab accepted.
- Submitter may be asked to alter or change submission to be a better fit to program or topic protocol.
Length of Lecture/Lab
Lecture hours/units are 50 minutes in length. 10 minute break required after each 50 minutes.
- State requested length for presentation (1 hr/unit = 50 minutes)
- Assigned presentation hours may be more or less than requested.
Labs are 60 minutes in length. Horses and dogs (sometimes other species) may be available for demonstration lab and/or hands-on lab.
- Labs may be required to have an introductory lecture.
- If submitting for lab, list realistic number of participants you can teach at one time.
- AVCA will set final number of participants per lab.
- Lecture hours/units are 50 minutes in length. 10 minute break required after each 50 minutes.
List interactive, small group, problem based learning, team based learning, lecture, etc.
Recommended audience(s) and level of your presentation
Is there a prerequisite list for advanced courses.
These objectives should address what attendees will learn as a result of attending your session and professional behaviors that will be expected to change.
Contact names and titles, addresses, email and phone numbers of two associations, AVCA accredited programs, educational institutions, companies, or sponsors for which you have been a speaker, preferably within the last three years, as well as past course titles.
Speaker Biography/Curriculum Vitae
300 word maximum.
Signature and Date
Will not be accepted without signature and date.
Online submissions will be dated automatically and your acceptance of online policy will act as your signature.
- PowerPoint or visual presentation is required.
- Quality Notes for publication in conference proceedings are required. Power Point outline will NOT be accepted.
- PowerPoint or visual presentation must match/follow the published Lecture Notes.
- Presenter MUST provide own laptop computer or device for visual presentation.
Audio Visual Equipment Provided:
1 LCD Projector, 1 Screen, 1 Podium, 1 Lavaliere Microphone.
If presenter is co-lecturing, please note if an additional microphone is needed in the application.